We do this through a range of programs developed in partnership with the community. We deliver support to minimise the risk of family breakdown from social and economic pressures.
Our quality services are provided by both paid and unpaid staff through best practice principles.
Our community services are delivered through Centres that provide a welcoming meeting place where anyone can come to gather, obtain information, support, referral and access resources.
Our services aim to provide:
Community Gro is governed by a volunteer Board of Management made up of professional people from a mix of legal, financial, marketing and development industries. The Board is responsible for determining all matters relating to governance, including, ensuring an appropriate policy framework is in place to manage the organisations operational procedures.
Empowering change in lives and communities
Community Gro believes in a safe and equitable community where everyone has the opportunity to lead fulfilling lives.
Community Gro facilitates a range of services through its major programs: Upper Ross Community Centre; Garbutt Community Centre; Community Connect Program; Upper Ross Family Support Hub; Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters (HIPPY); and Community Visitors Scheme.
Community Gro receives funding from:
- Upper Ross Community Centre receives funding through the Queensland Government Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services.
- Community Connect Program receives through the Queensland Government Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services.
- Family Support Hub receives funding through the Queensland Government Department of Education and Training.
- HIPPY Upper Ross receives funding through the Australian Government Department of Social Services through Brotherhood of St Laurence.
- Community Visitors Scheme receives funding through the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
To donate whitegoods and large furniture items, please contact the Upper Ross Community Centre on 4774 0144, the Garbutt Community Centre on 4779 7268 or complete an online contact form to arrange collection or delivery. Your generous contributions are kindly appreciated.